I want to thank Marigold at Versus Blog for her nomination of Rose of Sharon Healing for this award. She sent this nomination a while ago, but I’m finally getting to the post.
The rules are much the same as the other awards:
Tell some facts about yourself
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site
Nominate some more people for the award.
So, some more things about me:
1. Two of my favorite TV programs as a kid were Emergency and Mod Squad.
2. I like the number 4, 7, and 12.
3. My favorite Bible verse is Matthew 11:28, “Come to me all you who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” I’ve spent a great deal of time working and striving in my life to be grown up, but I’ve learned that I can’t hurry the process of my growth. God is sovereign and He has a plan for my life. I just have to go along for the ride. Which leads me to my next favorite:
4. One of my favorite characters is Jane Canary or Calamity Jane on Deadwood. One quote of hers I like very much. She’s telling the Doc to ‘stop hastening people. Everyone has their own pace!’ Leave people alone to figure their journey out as they should.
4. My favorite book of the Bible is the Song of Solomon. It’s a beautiful love story with amazing imagery.
5. My favorite gospel book is John. In chapter 6 the people ask Jesus, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” To which Jesus says, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” Can’t get much more simple than that.
6. My favorite New Testament characters are Jesus, Peter and Paul.
7. My favorite Old Testament character is Job because through his life story we learn about why we suffer on this earth and about who God is. He is good all the time!
I’d like to nominate for this award: