I just got finished telling my husband I wouldn’t do the award thing, but now I’m thinking it seems like a fun thing to do and an encouragement to others. I decided to participate in this award process and here goes.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Awesome! Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Thank you Sara at in the life of Sara Sandoval for nominating my blog for this award and encouraging me to take part.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them 🙂
1. Eleven facts about myself
I”m Canadian: from the interior of British Columbia
I’m married and have 3 step-children. My husband and I live in Korea.
I’m a phlegmatic, an introvert, and an encourager. I’m a private person, and like things to be calm and peaceful around me.
I have ancestry in Sweden, the U.K. and France.
I speak English, Korean, and a little Spanish and French.
I worked as a Social Worker in B.C. for 13 years.
I attended the School of Child Care at the University of Victoria in B.C.
I hate flying, but love to travel.
I’ve traveled to Korea, Japan, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, England, Sweden, Norway, and done a Mediterranean cruise.
I love genealogy and studying history.
Most importantly, I have been saved by grace through faith by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for me, so I could go free instead of being trapped in the bondage of sin. I am a child of God and received eternal life from him. I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
2. Sara’s eleven questions for me:
1. Where do you live? Pusan, South Korea in a tall apartment across the river from the biggest department store in the world.
2. Were you named after anyone? Your name meaning? I wasn’t named after anyone, but my name, Darcy, means dark or mysterious and my husband’s name, Maurie, means the same thing.
3. Do you have a talent? I guess my talent would be in the area of music. I enjoy singing and listening to music. I also love to dance and figure skated when I was in school.
4. Favorite TV show: I love all of the CSI files series and History channel’s Pawn Stars and the Viking series.
5. Favorite music genre/band: Classic rock. How can I choose? U2, Huey Lewis and News, the Cars, Steve Miller Band to name a few.
6. Person you look up to & why: I look up to my husband because he is a man of conviction. He is able to cut to the chase of an issue and you never have to wonder what he thinks or how he feels about an issue.
7. What is your biggest strength? Weakness? My strength is being able to teach children. My weakness is I am lazy and lack self-discipline. My strength is only a strength because God has empowered me to do what I do. And in my weakness He is strong, so He overcomes my laziness and helps me do the things that are necessary.
8. What is something you regret doing? I regret every judgmental and hypocritical thought I’ve ever had and every critical hurtful word I’ve ever spoken not only to other, but to myself.
9. What is your biggest fear? Heights
10. What is your biggest accomplishment? Living in Korea
11. Why is your reason for blogging? I blog to share my thoughts and feelings about life. I want to encourage people and lift them up.
My eleven questions for my nominees:
1. Where are you from?
2. Where do you live?
3. What languages do you speak?
4. Which countries are your ancestors from?
5. What’s your favorite memory from your childhood?
6. What was your dream when you were a child?
7. What’s your favorite book and author?
8. What do you value most in life?
9. Who’s your favorite person in history?
10. What are the largest fresh water lakes in the world?
11. Who is your target audience for your blog?
It’s taken me way too long to complete this, but yeah it’s finished.
My 11 Nominees
Mother Bethel Poetry